Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Does this mean it's working?

Had my second sports massage therapy appointment Monday night. It hurt, but not quite as horribly as last time. Apparently that means the muscles are healing?

I'm catching on pretty quick - I got in the important workouts on Sunday and Monday before the appointment because I suspected I'd be too miserable on Tuesday to exercise. I was right. There's a reason she insists on allowing at least 5 days between a treatment and an event! The day after I feel like someone beat me up; I'm even sporting a few bruises.

In between inflicting various kinds of pain on me she did say that the muscles felt noticeably better, so I'll take that to mean I'm on the right track.

She's not sure I should race this weekend but understands my reasons for wanting to give it a shot. She made me promise to take it easy, to walk the run leg and to quit if it starts to hurt, which is certainly not unreasonable advice.

No comments: