Tuesday, July 11, 2006

IMMoo

After reading all about Wil & the gang's WIBA I got all excited and remembered I needed to register. Now I'm officially an IMMoo volunteer!

7:30 am - noon: drive sag van on bike course (double shift)
3 - 6 pm: Hand out gear bags at bike-run transition

I've still got the option to pick up another sag van shift from noon-2:15; since I really don't know what to expect that day I figure I'd hold off on scheduling things back-to-back at this point. This way I have the option to get some lunch, cheer for people on the course, take pictures, record audio and just generally enjoy the experience in between shifts.

I was totally going to sign up for a finish line gig, but those are scheduled in less friendly increments than other duties (for instance, the bike sag wagon is scheduled in 2 hour bite size pieces) and I just couldn't commit to 7:30pm - 1am on the finish line my first time out, especially when there will be newly minted Iron Tri-Geeks to be cheering for in that time frame!

1 comment:

Veeg said...

Hmmmm. Must check w/ fam re: IM Mo volunteer opportunities. . . .

I am so laughing that we were in the same rack. The one w/ the flag balloon?