Friday, July 07, 2006

Oh yeah, Actual Tri Stuff

Had a lesson with SCM yesterday. We decided it was time for me to start learning the rest of the strokes so I can have more balanced workouts. We spent a little time working on my atrocious back stroke, then she introduced the breast stroke, with which I have had ZERO experience.

It was nothing short of comical. I felt ridiculous, and must have looked like someone trying to throw out their back, kick out a cramp and commit suicide by drowning while doing the chicken dance.

Here's the really crazy part... after the lesson was over I did ten laps of freestyle just to soothe my bruised ego. I was totally taking it easy, enjoying the summer rarity of having the pool all to myself, so was shocked and amazed to find I was clocking 46 second laps... a full 20 seconds faster than my typical pre-SCM times and a full 9 seconds faster than Sunday's swim. (Was it only 8 weeks ago that my sprint repeats were in the 41-46 second range?!)

No comments: