Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Low

The sun is shining, there's no wind, it's not too hot and I have an open invite to go swim in a lake. My legs feel great, I could go for a run. Or a bike. The possibilities are eeeendless. BUT.

I feel like hell. Bloated, tired, cramps from hell (seriously, how is it fair that we get to feel like someone is kicking us in the stomach once a month and they get to pee standing up?).

I'm home alone at the moment, but am not gonna turn on the tv because I know I'd be crying at long distance commercials one minute and then ordering whatever food appeared on screen the next.

I hate the scale this time of the month because I'm always bloated by 3-5 pounds, but reminding myself of the higher bloated weight helps keep me from binging on crap during my vulnerable hormonal spells. But the scale was kind today... I'm at a new low, baby!!!

That's 48 down!

Definitely glad to have something to smile about on this rotten, rotten day.

1 comment:

Violet said...

It is in fact a given that I gain five pounds of fluid during my period...it sucks and usually I hate myself for a while...you are not alone. Though I do find running helps the cramps.

Just a thought.

E