Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Scary Thought

As I prepare to crawl into bed at the ridiculously early hour of 9:00 on this race day, having spent the afternoon lying in bed or on the couch, swaddled in ice packs, in various forms of discomfort - normal race fatigue, routine injury aches and the onset of heat exhaustion complete with fever, pounding headache and the shakes (which, btw, I'm convinced didn't come from the race, but the 90 minutes I had to sit in the freaking sun after the race waiting for the stupid shuttle bus situation to let my husband get the car) - I voiced a thought that tormented me all day:

If this were an Ironman race I might, maybe, just now be approaching the finish line.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

Veeg said...

Congrats!

It was an awesome, awesome day, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

you'll get there. i have no doubt!