Tuesday, October 24, 2006

By the Numbers

Having an angsty 'I'm a giant hideous cow' moment, brought on by a Halloween costume sized by someone with an evil sense of humor. I erred on the side of conservative sizing because these things never fit the way they claim and I still got screwed.

I've gotta say when a label says it will fit between a 14 and 18 and you are a 14/16 top and a 16/18 bottom then it should fucking fit. It's bad enough that XL, 1X, etc does not mean the same thing from brand to brand so to buy clothes at my size you have to spend inordinate amounts of time researching the numbers behind the Xs. But when something gives numbers then damnit the numbers should mean what they mean. This costume is, at best, a 10/12. The PMS and 4 extra pounds of bloat didn't help the fit or my mood when I tried it on. The bonus round: I no longer have time to order a new costume before Saturday.

One more thing to keep me working towards my goal weight: not having to special order plus-sized Halloween costumes off the internet.

Sidebar only y'all can appreciate: I found an Athena costume. My husband thought it was hilarious and wanted me to get it. Problem is he and I would be the only ones at this particular Halloween party who'd get the triathlon joke so I decided not to.

In the interest of having numbers to be happy about today, here's the stats on the workout I just finished. These numbers may not always make me feel great, but at least they never lie to me.

Run time: 35 min (PR)
Run distance: 2.53 miles (PR)

1st mile: 14:25
2nd mile: 13:36

2 comments:

:) said...

There is no bad day that TWO pr's can't make okay!

Woohoo!

Trisaratops said...

2 PR'S???!!

Way to tell the numbers to go to hell.

I am a size "medium" chick and tried on a size "large" costume of Padme Amidala (from Star Wars--yes I'm a nerd) 2 years ago and COULDN'T EVEN GET IT OVER MY LEGS. I mean, seriously. Those people who make these sizes for these dumb costumes should be smacked.