Thursday, October 12, 2006

Moving Right Along

Wasn't sure I'd make it to the gym today, but I managed to squeeze in a quick run late this afternoon. It was hard to find the motivation - for some ridiculous reason it SNOWED today and that totally messed with our heads. But I also had an itch to run, so after finishing the most critical work and exercising no small amount of willpower I pretended there weren't icicles on my car in freakin' October and went.

I'm so glad did, because the result was nothing short of mind-boggling(times do not include warm-up or cool-down):

Time running: 25 minutes (PR)
Distance: 1.73 miles (PR)

I started at a 15:00 pace and gradually sped up, doing the last 10 minutes at a 14:00 pace.

Also, today I realized I'm still wearing the heel cups from my calf injury. Legs felt great after Tuesday's run, so I figured it was time to give it a shot without them. There was a noticeable difference - my left calf was a little tight and the right much more so. I had to pause twice to stretch it out, but otherwise everything was great.

I think it's time to make an appointment with the massage therapist for some more torture. Right now I feel invincible and like every running goal I've ever had is finally attainable. The last thing I need is for the 'little tight' to turn into another two-month training hiatus.

2 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Every goal you have is attainable, I'm sure. You'll get there of anyone can with all your determination. Congrats on the PRs, quite a feeling!

Trisaratops said...

PR's on a cold day with snow?! You rock, girl.