Monday, October 30, 2006

Harder Than I Remember

About two weeks ago I was excited to learn that my fabulous Yogini/Pilates instructor moved the Pilates class from Wednesdays to Mondays to resolve the conflict with the Advanced Weight Training class (it's practically the same crowd in both, so we could only do one or the other.)

I have a lot going on today between work projects and the new dog and hosting a Chamber of Commerce small business workshop here tonight, so I had my list of excuses all lined up for why I was going to blow off Pilates this morning (as if I needed more of an excuse than "it's at 9:00 Monday morning").

But it turns out my new dog has a built-in alarm clock feature (that feature broke years ago on my old dog) and we were not only up early enough for Pilates, we were up early enough to play fetch, tug-o-war, snuggle, get belly rubs, learn that someone touching our enormous paws is not the end of the world, learn that it's silly to walk past the water bowl to drink out of the toilet, check email, make breakfast (pause to thank the Powers of the Universe for the glory of Nutella), learn that it's not necessary to chomp Mommy's entire hand when she offers a treat, and carve a bit more on the pumpkin I didn't finish last night.

I've had entire weeks when I accomplished less.

THEN I went to Pilates. I've been a huge slacker about core training and it was way harder than I remember. But a tough class is such a great way to start the week and I'm really happy it's an option now.

1 comment:

Habeela said...

Yay for happy beginnings to the week. I managed to start my week off the same way.