Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Great Season Ender

I was recently invited to participate in a charity bike ride taking place this weekend. It's an annual event commemorating a couple of outdoor enthusiasts killed in a car accident on their way home from a bike race. The proceeds go to bike path maintenance in the area.

The more I learned about it the more I wanted to participate, and my friends are so enthusiastic about it we are now talking about making it an annual event. I love the concept because it's the closest I'm ever going to get to doing an event (can't call it a race) with nearly all my friends.

It's a 20 mile bike ride on paved roads (roadies and MTBs welcome) around Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) with periodic tavern stops. The event is essentially a leisurely ride with optional beer breaks followed by a pig roast.

Anyone in Southern Wisconsin/Northeastern Illinois interested in having a good time this weekend can visit the website to learn more: Fat Tire Memorial Tour

I was planning to attend, but my compatriots just had a schedule conflict arise so am wavering because this is definitely something to do with friends. If any tri-bloggers plan to go and are looking for company let me know.

2 comments:

Veeg said...

Ugh -- I am booked for the weekend. Otherwise, I would LOVE to do it w/ you.

Also, looking further ahead. . . the RecPlex in Kenosha is doing an indoor tri series starting in January, if you'd be interested in coming up for one (or more!) :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun. Except that I have a wedding this weekend (#6 if you're counting). This one won't be as much fun-- the ex (his, not mine) will be there. Oh goodie.

At least I'm hotter. She may be an Ironman--barely, but I'm totally cuter. ;) And I will be an Ironman... eventually. :)

Sorry... random tangent. I hope you decide to go and have fun!!