Sunday, October 15, 2006

Frustration

It's a gorgeous 59 degree day, probably the last of its kind for this year. Before I'd even brushed my teeth or put my contacts in this morning I'd put on my bike tights and jersey, ready for the ride I've been planning since Friday.

But here it is almost 4 hours later and I still haven't gone. I reeeaaaaally want to go. But my knees have been bothering me like crazy so I keep vacillating.

On the one hand, I did all kinds of running this week with them being mildly irritated and they seemed fine. On the other hand, I did all kinds of running this week with them being irritated and now they don't seem so fine, so going for a hilly 10 mile bike ride would likely be an irresponsible course of action.

I think maybe I'll go take the dog for a walk. That way I can say goodbye to my favorite bike roads for the year even if I can't bike them.

2 comments:

Habeela said...

Grrr! That IS frustrating! Just about as frustrating as me being told not to run for the entire off-season! Hope you have a nice walk though.

jbmmommy said...

Hope you enjoyed the walk. You might have some more nice weather headed your way. Bummer about your knees, hope you're feeling better soon.