Sunday, February 25, 2007

Calorie Nazi Status Report

I can't even believe I can report this, but in the 5 weeks since I devoted myself to the Calorie Nazi, I've lost almost 10 pounds. That's insane. Unheard of. And - let's just come right out and say it - clear evidence I probably should have tried him a long time ago. (But I wasn't ready then, so I guess it's a moo point.)

[Yeah, I said Moo. Bonus points if you get the reference ; ) ]

This has started a distracting little whisper in my head - one I don't want to listen to for fear of getting my hopes up. I've been disappointed like this before. It's become a predictable pattern for me to lose 10-15 pounds fairly quickly as spring arrives and my thyroid perks up with the changing of the seasons, only to plateau until the next cycle.

BUT. Still - I can't help thinking... if it keeps up at this rate, I'm going to hit that half-way point 6 months early. In fact, I'd be hitting it in late June, riiiight about when my first tri is scheduled.

The idea of being below 200 pounds for a race. Speechless. A dream I haven't yet dared to dream.

Couldn't help spilling it because it's been pounding around the inside of my brain, dying to be validated. Now I'm going to tuck it back into the recesses of my mind because dwelling on it will only distract me from the things I really need to focus on. Like getting through the PT and back into the water.

Total lost to date: 54

5 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

That is great progress! Isn't it interesting how sometimes the things we resist the most are the things that are best for us?

Trisaratops said...

MOOOO as in IM MOO? :)

This is great news!

Pharmie said...

Simply. Amazing. Keep up the great work!

Veeg said...

It's like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter. It's MOO!

(Weez and I use that quote all.the.time.)

Also: YAY on the shoulder and on the 10-pound loss!

LBTEPA said...

What a huge confidence and motivation boost! You go girl!!