Thursday, February 22, 2007

Surgeon Says....!

No surgery. At least, not yet. He manipulated my limbs a whole bunch, identified multiple angry muscles/tendons and, while the biceps tendon is most certainly complicit in the whole mess, he's not completely convinced it's actually ruptured.

He gave me a prescription for physical therapy and specifically recommended a therapist who works with athletes. Next step is to find out if she takes my insurance.

If a course of physical therapy doesn't solve the problem, then I have to go back to discuss surgery.

He said he can't make any promises, but if all goes well with PT I could be swimming by May.

[Oh, and I totally went swimming last night. I wanted the pain to be fresh in my memory so I could tell him accurately where it hurt. Well - it was certainly fresh! And not just in my memory. Next time I've got a brilliant idea like that, just smack me please!]

5 comments:

Bolder said...

that's good news.

hopefully, the PT will work some magic!

LBTEPA said...

Fingers crossed for the PT and no surgery! But whatever happens you will be out there again, never fear.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Actually refreshing your memory on the pain was a good idea, I mean, I would have done it... hmmm, guess maybe that doesn't make it a good idea, that just makes it something I would do, ha!

I'm glad there will be no swimming. For what it's worth I've had PT on my knee and back and both times it did help.

strem said...

Maybe you could post some of your ideas first... and then we could offer feedback before you move ahead. :) But, seriously. I'm just glad it is likely you will receive answers very very VERY soon. Thinking of you!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Surgery SURGERY I'm glad there will be no surgery, not swimming, sheesh, where is my head at?