Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Workout Partner

Happened to meet a really nice guy this week. Turns out we've probably seen each other before, because after talking we realized we bike the same country roads out around Hebron.

He's got a pretty nice Fuji road bike, doesn't actually race (yet, but he seems really driven and athletic so I can't imagine he won't at some point) but goes for rides about three times a week in the summer. He invited me to train with him!

Very excited - my causal biking friends have no interest in riding 20-30 miles of hills in the middle of summer and it can get lonely. Will be nice to have a cycling partner once in a while.

He's faster than me, but what better way motivation up a killer hill than chasing a hot guy's spandex-clad ass? ; )

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Ok, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances show this post to your husband. Eeeeek eeeeek eeeeek! And don't show it to mine either. I spend enough time trying to justify my hours at the gym as being perfectly legit without my husband reading about some guys hot spandex clad @ss in front of me. Oy vay Mere! (unless of course your husband isn't the jealous type, but you are such a cute little thing I can't see how this post isn't going to twang his jealous string a bit)

Unknown said...

Thinking of you at the orthopaedist today, Siren! (it is today, right?)

Anonymous said...

This is how my friend ended up divorced and married to her "cycling buddy"!!!

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Hmmm... everyone seems to have misplaced their sense of humor today!

The concerns about Wonderful Husband are greatly appreciated, and I assure you it's all good. : )