Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Great Feeling

Thanks to the wisdom and support of Wylee and Veeg I decided to go ahead and sign up for my sprint in June. Because, in their infinite wisdom, they hit with me a clue stick until it got through my thick skull that worst case shoulder scenario, I can get a swim partner and do it as a relay.

I'm feeling really good today - first run with my new shoes, shoulder feeling almost normal (of course, because I'm finally seeing the surgeon in less than two days). Thinking I'll almost certainly be able to grind out a 750m swim in 4 months, even if I have to sidestroke it.

SO. Registration sent. Hotel booked. This season - come what may - is ON baby!!!

6 comments:

LBTEPA said...

glad to hear things are grooving along!
BTW I've been away & just read your bitch train post - I snorted so hard (trying not to guffaw at work) that tea almost came out of my nose and my eyes were watering. You're a LEGEND

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yeehaww! We are going to have so much FUN! Is the Veeg coming?

Spandex King said...

I think there is some value in signing up. That way your shooting for something not just when I'm ready. Good Luck.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

My suggestion...go for a really involved yoga session in the next two days so you get your money's worth out of the surgeon!! ;)

Veeg said...

Final negotiations are underway. . . . ;)

strem said...

I am so happy for you. I'm rooting for you. (Yes, I realize I am miles and miles away...and the race is 4 months away. But, I'll be rooting from now until then!)