Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First Sign of... Spring?

Not to be daunted by the raging snowstorm outside my window, I just got MY first official sign of spring...


Mizuno Wave Rider 10


It's a little tough financially for my new running shoe needs to generally crop up around Christmas (I've been putting off the purchase for two months), but I do love starting the new season with new shoes.

Went all the way downtown to Fleet Feet again. Thankfully, a handful of shoe companies have thrown their hats in the ring next to New Balance and started (gasp!!) offering wide width shoes. Good thing too, because they were out of stock in my New Balance size when I stopped in (and by "stopped in" I mean drove 60 miles through mind-numbing Chicagoland traffic).

The only minor bummer was that the first ones I tried on were the perfect colors to match the rest of my gear (red/black/white), but my stupid 6-and-a-teeny-little-bit-more left foot didn't quite fit comfortably and I had to go up a half size, at which point the color changes to blue. Grrr.

Had planned to test them out today, but see snowstorm reference above. Not even going to hit the gym for treadmill time because the roads are attrocious. (They're so bad my husband's boss called him and told him he didn't have to come in - unfortunately, he was halfway there already.)

So, my snazzy new shoes will remain pristine while I get through today's cardio extravaganza - incidentally, just like yesterday's - snow removal.

2 comments:

DV said...

nice kicks - seems like a lot of people are using that shoe now... maybe i'll have to give them a spin.

jbmmommy said...

Enjoy the new shoes. I always have the problem that sneakers are too wide- one part of me is skinny- too bad for me it's my size 11 feet!

Send that snow on east, we're waiting!!!!