Monday, May 07, 2007

From March 28

(In Which I - Big Shocker - Freak Out About My Weight)

What the FUCK?!?!

Five POUNDS. How does one gain FIVE POUNDS IN THREE DAYS?!?!

My face is swollen. My boobs are going to need their own zip code soon. And the pants that fit a week ago, the brand spanking new ones I just finally lost enough weight to fit into, the ones I was going to wear for the first time at the party this weekend... can't even zip 'em. WTF. I've turned into the Pillsbury dough chick.

I looked EVERYWHERE for information on this. I mean, it's got to be normal to get all bloaty when you're pregnant, right? NOTHING. Not one iota of information about this. All I can find is breezy, sunshine up your ass bullshit warning to "not eat for two" and to not gain more than 3 pounds in the first trimester.

How the hell are you supposed to not do that if you're working out, counting your calories, drinking lots of water, eating your veggies... and gaining 5 POUNDS IN THREE DAYS?!?!

7 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Oh mate I can feel your pain...
I went up 5 bra sizes in the first 12 weeks, yep straight into those hideous apricot maternity bras with inch-wide straps and 16 hooks down the back :(
only advice I have for you is get Husband to hide the scales.

LBTEPA said...

just read your previous post - we kept a pregnancy diary - wrote in it every wed night - & I constantly accused the bundle of trying to kill me, I felt so dreadful.
Sending supportive hugs - this bit SUCKS.
But then, on the weekend I asked Noddie crossly if she was going to sit around straight at the table & she replied 'no, I'm a barabarian'. So it gets much better :)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Your body is busy building new blood vessles and increasing its blood load to carry nutrients as needed. It's mostly fluids. I walked out of the hospital after giving birth to a 9-pound baby boy about 18 pounds down.

Anonymous said...

I agree with geekgirl, those damn fluids! My baby was 5 lbs and I left 13lbs lighter! And within two weeks, I was 20 down. Easy come, easy go.

That's easy to say now, I have a personal journal entry in which I freaked out about 3 lbs in one day near the end.

And why am I the only woman who didn't get um, enhancements, during pregnancy? WTH, I'm breastfeeding and can barely fill out a B cup??

Hope you're feeling better. THat last post...ugh. you can make it through this trimester,really, there is end in sight. Take care and get some more rest.

Sixteen Chickens said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm gaining weight right along with ya. ;)

It could be constipation, have you pooped lately? (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.)

jbmmommy said...

Bloating, constipation, maybe you ate something salty, the options are endless. Chances are those same five pounds will be gone the next time you check. You'll also have spurts of weight gain. I completely understand how hard it is to see those numbers, try not to get too upset about it. You might be annoyed with your body right now, but you'll get a really great outcome when that little one arrives. I know, easier said than done. Take care.

Trisaratops said...

Yeah, what bitches write these books anyway?

"2-4 pounds in the first trimester."

HA!!!!! Liars.

My doctor told me if I ask her anymore questions about my weight she's going to stop responding. :)

I'm right there with ya, chica.