Monday, May 14, 2007

Not Cool

I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that I could transfer my Chicago Distance Classic entry to someone if I couldn't participate, but I just went through the fine print and no transfers or deferments are allowed.

That is SERIOUSLY UNCOOL. It's not that I care that much about the money - although it sucks ass to lose the entry fee. I have a genuine medical reason why I won't be running it - 6 months pregnant plus half marathons in August heat do not a happy doctor (or athlete) make. But their policies won't even entertain the notion of letting someone else benefit from my situation.

This is the first race I've been in that didn't allow a transfer or deferment. I don't care how much race directors bitch about the extra work, if we're paying good money for a slot and have a legitimate medical reason, complete with doctor's note, why we can't use the slot we should be allowed to do something with it other than watch the money disappear.

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

That totally blows. I transferred mine to my buddy so he could run Indy in my place. It seems like filling out a simple paper (they also charged an additional $20 fee!) really isn't THAT HARD.

Sorry to hear that!

LBTEPA said...

can you get a refund?

Unknown said...

I agree with you. I've had some good and bad experience with race directors. If they're in the race as a business, they need to act in a businesslike fashion and consider that they're going to have to do some work.