Wednesday, May 23, 2007

From April 13

(In Which I Ponder a Brief Respite)

I felt funny this morning when I woke up. It took me a minute to figure out why - it was the first day in nearly two weeks I didn't wake up instantly aware of something wrong with my stomach.

Then I pondered that for a while. It's fundamentally wrong to even be aware of certain things in the first place. Like your stomach. If you're aware of it, like 'what's going on here' aware if it, it's probably not good.

I've been aware of my stomach, in the worst possible sense, every minute of every day, for about two weeks now. It's not an entirely new sensation - I spent years battling very painful GERD that still flares up from time to time. But it is an extremely unpleasant one, especially since the spaces in between the bouts of nausea and vomiting have been, starting a couple days ago, filled with bouts of gut-churning, throat-searing heartburn.

So yeah. Woke up this morning feeling almost normal, and for 10 glorious minutes I even contemplated getting up and going to yoga. Then the heartburn kicked in. By the time I got that under control and managed to choke down some dry cereal and watered-down juice the nausea kicked in, and not long after that I was back in the bathroom heaving, crying and shaking.

*SIGH*

This better be worth it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It will be. :)