Wednesday, May 30, 2007

600 Yards

Swim a length. Pause.

Hmmm. OK, why did that suck? My hips are still sinking.

Swim another length. Pause.

OK, why did that suck? When I focus on my body position I forget to rotate.

Swim another length. Pause.

And why did that suck? Because you forgot to breathe you moron.


Swim another length. Pause.

Uuum... have you forgotten about your elbows? And your left hand is starting to cross over again.

Swim another length. Pause.

And so it went. For 600 yards. Making major changes to my stroke after 6 months off definitely feels like starting from scratch, but it will totally be worth it.

Someday I might even work back up to swimming more than a length at a time : )

7 comments:

LBTEPA said...

It will be like learning to run in the right HR zone - hard and awkward at first but you will see great benefits from it really soon :)
Glad you're sounding a bit better :)

Unknown said...

You'll get there. No question. And the technique will pay divends.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Oh heck, we're still working on doggy paddle, side stroke, and breast stroke here, so if you're swimming freestyle you're ahead of us. ;)

Unknown said...

At least you know what you need to correct. I'm sure the runners above love to look down on my gasping self as I get to the end of the lane and have no idea why I'm flat out exhausted!

Violet said...

I lost track of you somehow and I can't imagine how or why...but I'm so sorry.

First off...congrats on the bun in the oven. Sorry to hear about the morning/noon/night sickness...it sucks..and you are a wonderful form of birth control for me:)

Second, I cannot offer enough condolences regarding the kitty.
I died when I read it. Himself and I adopted a new little one to keep Margaret Catwood company during the day...and I would die if anything happened to them. I hope you guys are okay. I've missed you...and for the record you look great.

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet said...

P.S. come visit the new site...which has allowed me to hide from family.

angrymermaid.com