Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Does Gingko Help Muscle Memory Too?

Even after a wretched morning (migraine and vomiting) I did make it to the gym to fulfill my plans, and in general it felt great to be moving again.

Today was my first unsupervised swim since the injury; my orders were to take it easy and work on the techniques we talked about Friday.

I'm definitely in the wonky forming-new-muscle-memory stage of things. I feel like a big goof, and if I lose concentration for even a second everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

But when it's working, man do I feel fast! Definite motivation to push through this awkward stage and force some new technique into my poor swimming muscles that have been so neglected they basically forgot how to do everything.

Oh, and I got totally winded after TWO LAPS. Before all this started I could do 30 without too much trouble, 45 with some effort and 60 if I worked at it. All I can do is laugh about it and hope for more breaks in the morning sickness so I can keep getting back in there to make it better.

2 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I think I am catching your morning sickness. Yesterday I spent wretching and then I got a migraine.
Glad you are swimming!

Unknown said...

The headaches are definitely catching...I had a doozy yesterday. I'm hitting the pool today for the first time since last year. GACK! Should be pretty pitiful!