Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From April 24th

(In Which I Relish the Irony)

Now I can't even keep down the Compazine. You know - the stuff that's supposed to make me stop throwing up.

In fact, haven't kept anything down - not even water - in about 19 hours. Doctor's making me come in right now, they're concerned about dehydration.

***UPDATE***

My midwife wasn't available so I ended up seeing the regular doctor. They said I'm not dehydrated YET... but still talked about things like potential hospitalization and possibly using a home IV fluid nursing service to avoid the hospital if I continue in this direction.

He wrote me a scrip for another kind of anti-emetic. Let's see how THIS one does.

2 comments:

tri-mama said...

hang in there- nothing like your own minor medical emegency to let you know you are pregnant. I hope you are feeling significantly better-now that this was a month ago and that the vomiting/sickness is under control.

Sixteen Chickens said...

It will get better. The thing about pregnancy is it doesn't last forever. Thank goodness.