Friday, May 11, 2007

Baby Steps

Made it to yoga today. It's unbelievable how much fitness and flexibility I lost after spending 7 weeks with my head in the toilet, not to mention the two months prior to that the physical therapist banned me from it. This should have been a relaxing and enjoyable class - an easy-going lesson plan that happened to include all my favorite poses - but I found myself fighting dizzy and nauseous spells and having to sit out a lot.

But at least I went, and at least I didn't have to leave early.

I'm still quite nauseous for the majority of the latter part of every day, but I hope I'm able to keep easing back into physical activity in the mornings. It's been so hard to even contemplate working out that I'm starting to be afraid I lost 3+ years of good exercise habits in just 7 weeks.

3 comments:

Diane said...

It's different for everyone of course, but if it helps at all, I'm fitter now after having two babies than I was before (and yes I did work out then but had never done triathlon). If you want it, you will find a way to make it work.

jbmmommy said...

No way. You know what your new healthy lifestyle has brought you in benefits and a small blip in ability to keep it up will not deter you in the future, I'm sure. If anything, having kids has been a better motivator for me to keep up healthier habits, I've got to be a role model for them. Hope you're completely recovered soon, the second trimester can be fun.

Sixteen Chickens said...

The 2nd trimester will be better. The 3rd, well, let's not talk about that.