Tuesday, May 01, 2007

From March 25

(In Which Two Highly Educated Women Sound Like Surfers From the 8os)

Phone call to Best Friend: Hey, you got a test?

BF: Yeah. You late again dude?

Me: Yeah. Probably nothing as usual. But I should check, I feel funny this time.

BF: We're going out on the boat. I'll tape it to the door.

***Many Hours Later***


BF phone call to me: You take it yet?

Me: No. I haven't had to pee yet.

BF: TAKE THE TEST ALREADY!!! I'm going crazy over here!

Me: Whatever dude. How many times have we done this?

BF: TAKE IT! And CALL ME.

Me: OK, OK.


****10 minutes later****


After about 8 seconds: I'm not looking... I'm not looking... OHMYGOD. NO. That was NOT two lines. It hasn't been two minutes yet. I'm not looking....

After about 30 seconds: Holy shit.

Me to WH: HOLY SHIT. IS THAT TWO LINES?!?!

WH to me: That would be two lines.

Me on phone to BF: DUDE THERE'S TWO LINES.

BF: Holy shit dude.

6 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Many, MANY congrats! Now you and Trisaratops can co-host your own podcast about pregancy and tris :-)

Diane said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope you get over the feeling crappy part soon so you can move on to total joy. If you're interested in some great mommy blogs, check out:

http://www.dooce.com/
http://www.mommyneedscoffee.com/

They are both hilarious.

Jessica said...

LOL! this cracks me up. Of course, this is a conversation you'll remember forever.

Anonymous said...

(and did I mention I hate the new blogger?, can't sign in with my real profile anymore...)

Trisaratops said...

Hee hee!

How OCD am I that I didn't trust the "lines" and wanted to buy the one with words?

So. Sad.

:)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Dude, you call each other Dude, how cute is that? ;)